Photograph by Kriston Rehberg
Built in 1909 by Warren and Wetmore, the same architectural firm that designed New York City’s Grand Central Terminal, the West Shore Station joined Erie Station and Union Station in providing rail service to Newburgh residents. The building closed in 1958 and fell into a state of disrepair for 50 years, and was almost completely destroyed by fires in 1992 and 2008. Newburgh’s Raymond Yannone purchased the structure, and restoration efforts began in 2009. Currently the impressive building houses a pizzeria as well as a 99-seat theater, which hosts plays, musicals, and concerts put on by Just Off Broadway, Inc., a nonprofit arts group based in the city.
» Back to 10 Coolest Renovated Train Stations in the Hudson Valley