Union Station, Chatham

One of Columbia County’s renovated train stations

Constructed in 1887 by the Boston design firm Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, Union Station in Chatham served as a junction for rail service stretching from New York City to Vermont. Originally built by the Boston and Albany Railroad, it was in service as a commuter station until 1972, and used by various rail companies such as the New York Central Railroad and the Rutland Railway.

The building was purchased by the National United Bank of Kinderhook in 1997, and underwent a $1 million renovation before opening the following year. Freight trains still pass by regularly, and the town’s signature clock tower remains adjacent to the station.

» Back to 10 Coolest Renovated Train Stations in the Hudson Valley

- Advertisement -

 

union station chatham
union station chatham

Our Digital Partners

Learn how to become a digital partner ...

Our Excellence in Nursing Awards take place on May 1!

Our Best of Hudson Valley ballot is open through March 31!

Unveiled: A Boutique Bridal Brunch is February 25!

Holiday flash sale ... subscribe and save 50%

Limited time offer. New subscribers only.