I was all set to visit Woodstock last weekend, but senior year final projects put an end to that. I did review all of the wonderful comments on my last post and Facebook, so for anyone traveling to Woodstock, here are some recommendations:
- Gilded Carriage (recommended by Sylvia S.)
- Joshua’s Cafe (recommended by Jacqueline A.) — as a lover of brunch, I’ll definitely try the eggs Benedict
- Lotus Fine Arts (recommended by Dan F.)
- Mower’s Saturday Flea Market (recommended by Angela Q.)
- Oriole 9 (recommended by Maddie C.)
- Shop Little House and Woodstock General Supply (recommended by our pals at Houlihan Lawrence)
- Taco Juan’s and Bear Cafe (recommended by Christina V.)
- Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary (recommended by Cindy K.)
Since my Woodstock plans were a bust, I decided to make a quick trip to New Paltz instead. I grabbed a friend for some coffee and to work on our long list of homework assignments — and to check out some of the local shops. Our first stop was the Cafeteria Coffee House. I loved the rustic vibe the second I walked in the door. The guitars adorning the walls and dim lighting gave a relaxing ambiance perfect for the stressed college senior. (I opted not to indulge and only ordered an iced tea, but if anyone reading this has had their Oreo cappuccino, please let me know how it was.)
Buddhas galore! A few of my finds at the Groovy Blueberry
- Advertisement -
Back out onto Main Street, a store immediately caught my eye: Groovy Blueberry. It had a plethora of candles, jewelry, and clothing that was both whimsical and unique. I wanted to buy all of the Buddha candles, but in lieu of that I purchased a cute little Buddha bracelet.
We spent the rest of our afternoon popping in and out of the rest of the shops that line Main Street like Cocoon, Likwid, and Himalayan Arts. I’m dying to return for lunch or dinner — on my radar is Main Street Bistro. Let me know if you have any recommendations for a potential return!
I’m looking to go on a hiking trip this weekend due to the beautiful weather we’ve been having; please let me know of any suggestions!