Photo Courtesy of Splash Down Beach
4) Day trips to the estates and homes of U.S. presidents and Hudson River School painters.
5) Late-night movies at drive-ins in 10 locations, including Middletown, Greenville, and Poughkeepsie.
Joe’s Dairy Bar / Photo by Bridget Herlihy
7) Hot-air balloon rides with Blue Sky Balloons in Poughkeepsie.
8) Angry Orchard’s tours, tastings, and treehouse.
10) A long-distance bike ride and a BBQ at the Farm to Fork Fondo in Warwick.
Windham Mountain Bike Park / Photo provided by Windham Mountain Resort
15) Viewing the Albany fireworks aboard a Dutch Apple Cruises boat.
Angry Orchard treehouse / Photo courtesy of Angry Orchard
17) Teatime and tours at Stonecrop Gardens in Cold Spring.
18) Cocktails and live music at Orange County Distillery at Brown Barns Farm.
20) Dining and strolling on the Newburgh waterfront.
Dutch Apple Cruises / Photo provide by Dutch Apple Cruises
21) Produce-picking at Love Apple farm in Ghent.
23) Concerts at the barnlike Maverick Concert Hall in Woodstock.
24) The rides, boardwalk, and fireworks at Playland in Rye.
Stonecrop Gardens / Photo provided by Ellen Bogen Media
26) Wandering amid sculpture at outdoor art centers Art Omi in Ghent and Storm King in New Windsor.
30) Tours and events like the musical 1776 on Bannerman Island.
Art Omi / Photo by Benjamin Swett
31) Renegades games and fireworks at Dutchess Stadium.
32) Volunteering opportunities at places like Woodstock Farm Sanctuary in High Falls.
33) Below- and above-ground adventures at Howe Caverns.
34) Hang-gliding with Mountain Wings in Ellenville.
35) A train ride to the Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum in Poughkeepsie, followed by a stroll over the Walkway.
Tuthilltown Spirits / Photo provided by Tuthilltown Spirits
36) Riding the rails with the newly opened Rail Explorers: Catskills in Phoenicia.
38) Spending a day on the Hudson River aboard the River Rose paddle-wheeler in Newburgh, or at sunset with Tivoli Sailing.
39) Cooling off at SplashDown Beach in Fishkill and Zoom Flume in East Durham.
40) First Fridays, Second Saturdays, and Last Saturday events in places such as Poughkeepsie, Beacon, and Newburgh.
Zoom Flume’s Black Vortex / Photo courtesy of Zoom Flume
43) Square dancing under the stars at the Ashokan Center.
45) Wineries on the Shawangunk Wine Trail in Ulster and Orange counties.
Mountain Wings in Ellenville / Photo courtesy of Mountain Wings
47) Scenic strolls by the river at Poets’ Walk Park in Red Hook.
48) The food and fun at Kingston’s waterfront district.
49) Going to Summer Family Camp at the Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville.
Mohonk Mountain House / Photo by Jim Smith Photography