THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED!
Winner: Debra Carmody, Pine Island
The story: “Well, the morning began as normal as can be for Thanksgiving. I started to make the green bean casserole and prepare the turkey. To relieve some tension, we had shots of Goldschlager. Now everyone was feeling quite happy!
We have two bichons — cute little white dogs — named Sugar and Spice. Sugar was barking to come in the house; my husband looked at her and said “no way.” Wait ’til I tell Mommy. So Sugar decided to roll in someone else’s dog poop.
So now I had a dog covered with dog poop, and people coming within minutes. I blame my husband, because he was out in the garage!”
Congratulations, Debra! We hope tonight’s concert redeems Sugar’s very unsweet holiday antics.
Remember when Cousin Fran burned the latkes and the fire department showed up? Or when Dad went to war — National Lampoon-style — with the neighbors over who could put up the most holiday lights? Or when Uncle Pete dressed up as Santa to surprise the kids (and ended up getting chased around the house by Fido instead)?
Share your favorite, funniest, most memorable Hudson Valley holiday story, and you’ll enter our drawing to win TWO free passes to K104’s Not So Silent Night 2013 — featuring Fall Out Boy, New Politics, and Cash Cash — on Monday, December 2, 2013 at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie. Good luck!
- Fill out entire form below in order to enter the drawing
- Only one story per person. Image attachments allowed (but not required)
- Contest ends Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
- Winner announced Monday, December 2, 2013 via Hudson Valley Magazine’s VIP newsletter (sign up here)
- Winner must be able to pick up tickets at our office between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. the day of show: 2678 South Rd., 2nd floor, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Winner gives us the right to reprint story on hvmag.com, in our newsletters, on social media, and/or in the magazine. Stories may be edited for length and other editorial purposes. No foul language or content, please!
» Get event details (opens in new window)
» Get directions to Mid-Hudson Civic Center (opens in new window)
» I want to buy tickets instead (opens in new window)