Type to search

The only thing colder than winter’s winds is the icy feeling you get around your heart when the utility bill arrives in the mail.

You can warm both your home and your heart by converting your old oil or electric furnace to gas or replacing your existing gas furnace. Today’s gas furnaces burn more cleanly, explains Don Fox, president of FoxAir, and a gas conversion reduces not just your bill but also your carbon footprint.

“An oil furnace or boiler is about 85 percent efficient, and the other 15 percent is going up your chimney,” Fox says, “but a gas furnace is 98 percent efficient, with just two percent going up the chimney, and that’s your carbon footprint.”

It’s also a significant savings.

Fox adds that older oil-burning units can be just 60 percent efficient. “Gas, because of the efficient way it burns, is a better choice, both for economic and energy conservation reasons,” Fox says. If natural gas is not available in your area, you can realize similar savings with propane gas.

One of the drawbacks to gas heat has always been that moment when the house is suddenly cold, and then the furnace kicks on, or when it turns off just as everyone starts to sweat. Today’s newer units modulate the flow of heat to keep your house consistently comfortable. And if you like to kick up the heat on the way home, or turn it down when you’re away, no problem. New thermostats are “smart,” using Wi-Fi to connect to an app on your phone, allowing you to control your heat remotely. They’ll also alert not just you but also FoxAir if there’s a problem.

FoxAir installs Lennox furnaces and air conditioning units, and installation often can be done in as little as a day, with a simple upgraded furnace starting as low as $3,200. Variable-speed furnaces cost a bit more, but they’ll save money in the long run since they use less electricity to power the furnace. Homeowners who opt for a variable-speed package system of heating and air can recoup a total of $2,105 in rebates, which are available now, from the manufacturer and the utility company.

Based in Poughkeepsie, FoxAir also offers home air purifiers, whole house humidifiers, home ventilation systems, central dehumidifiers, programmable thermostats, and zone control systems. So instead of piling more throws on the couch or reaching for an even thicker sweater, think about upgrading to gas. “There are so many options with new technology,” Fox says.


To learn more about FoxAir and energy-efficient home heating solutions, call 845-473-8900 or go online to www.foxaircorp.com or www.facebook.com/FoxAirCorp.

FoxAir
2 Tucker Drive, #4
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
845-473-8900
www.foxaircorp.com
www.facebook.com/FoxAirCorp


What’s this?
This content is made possible by our sponsor. It is not written by and does not necessarily reflect the attitude, views, or opinions of the 
Hudson Valley Magazine editorial staff.
 

foxair kids
;