Photo by Michele Schaffer
This black-and-white beacon is the oldest lighthouse on the Hudson River. It was built in 1826, and safely guided river ships for almost a century before being decommissioned. It sits on the site of a battle that turned the tide of the American Revolution. Where in the Valley is this stately sentry? The first reader to submit the correct answer to www.hvmag.com/WIVcontest will be named in our next issue.