Easy recipes, cooking shortcuts, and shopping secrets: everyone’s looking for hassle-free ways to throw the best Super Bowl party this year. Buzzfeed published its 31 favorite party hacks; below are some we like. (Want the full list? Find them here.)
1. Ditch the itty-bitty pot and cook all your hot dogs in a crock-pot instead; you don’t even need to add water. View a recipe here.
2. Speaking of hot dogs, you can make your own homemade corn dogs for all your game-day guests to enjoy. Follow this simple recipe here.
3. Tired of running out of sweets? Mini Oreo ice cream sandwiches are the perfect hand-held desserts. Make your own here.
4. Deviled eggs are a party favorite, but making them en masse can be a time-consuming nightmare in the kitchen. One way to save time (and your sanity) is to cook large batches of eggs in the oven using a muffin tin. Bake at 325-350 degrees for 30 minutes and your eggs will be ready in no time — and easier to peel, too.
- Partner Content -
5. Buy your booze in bulk. Turns out that you don’t need a membership to purchase alcohol at Costco and Sam’s Club, where the price is typically 25% to 35% less than your local liquor store. Pro-tip: just don’t let the employee at the entrance intimidate you into becoming a member.
6. For cocktails that show off your team’s colors, simply freeze ice with food coloring and add it to your drinks.
7. If you’re always running out of toothpicks, use pretzels to skewer your hors d’ouvres instead. Here’s a good recipe.
8. Revamp your grilled cheese sandwiches by cutting them into the shape of footballs; place a dollop of mayonnaise in a small resealable bag to pipe the laces.
9. You can’t ever go wrong with cheese and crackers. Take a cue from tip #8 and cut cheese and salami into football shapes atop crackers; pipe with ranch dressing. Check out a cute recipe, courtesy of GimmeSomeOven.com, here.
10. Jazz up your popcorn bowl. We found 50 unique recipes that transform plain popcorn into a sweet or savory dish; check them out here.
11. Grown-ups can sip on spiked Arnold Palmers that substitute Smirnoff Ice for the lemonade. It’s quite refreshing; see how to do it here.
12. For elegant-looking hors d’oeuvres, make meatball-stuffed biscuits. Take your frozen, pre-cooked meatballs and wrap them in ready-made biscuit dough with a cube of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes and serve. Get the recipe here.
13. Another dessert idea: milk chocolate-covered strawberries (with white chocolate drizzle for the football laces). Get the recipe here.
14. Serve your cheese dip in a bread bowl. Melt cheese, stir in meat and veggies, and then pour it into Hawaiian bread to serve. Check out the recipe here.
15. Puppy Chow, Muddy Buddies, or whatever you want to call it — it’s delicious! This one-bowl Nutella Chex-based snack is an easy, sweet treat that’s sure to run out. View the recipe here.
16. Don’t forget that the lines on Solo cups actually serve a purpose: The lowest line measures a serving of liquor (1 oz.), the quarter line is for wine (5 oz.), and the line above it is for beer (12 oz.).