June weddings are nice and all, but, more and more, we’re loving romantic autumn hues and chilly nights for memorable nuptials. Luckily, the Hudson Valley is an ideal destination to host a fall-themed wedding, thanks to the multi-hued leaves and breathtaking panoramas of mountains and streams.
If an autumnal ceremony is what you seek, look no further than these ideas to help set the scene for your big day. Your guests will swoon over the thoughtful touches, and you’ll love the how the little details add up to create an unforgettable event for you and your special someone during your fall-themed wedding.
1. Skip the silk robes and do the bridal-party-getting-ready thing in cozy, mix-and-match flannel button-down shirts.
2. Choose bridesmaids’ dresses in an array of dusty autumnal colors.
3. And add a pop of deep burgundy to your white gown with a pair of velvet pumps (like these Manolo Blahnik ones). Similar styles available here.
4. At cocktail hour, serve spiced cider, or offer a big bowl of apple cider donuts for dessert.
5. Work leaves in wherever you can, like this leaf-flecked arrangement bursting with autumn color.
6. They also set the tone nicely as place cards.
7. And work as the perfect backdrop to make the diamonds on your rings really sparkle.
8. And are perfect for those romantic just-married-kiss photos.
9. Not into leaves? Go with a harvest-inspired arrangement featuring figs, berries, stone fruits, and citrus.
10. Keep it simple with red and orange flowers and a whole lot of candlelight.
11. Or try something a bit more whimsical like seasonal flowers, apples, felt acorns, and tiny bottles of maple syrup.
12. White-painted pumpkins look super chic with silvery votive candles.
13. And gold ones make for fantastic place-card holders.
14. With autumn’s chill in the air, finish the night with a roaring fire.