Niche.com updated its list of which of the state’s school districts have the best teachers, and the Valley rules the top 100!
School and neighborhood ratings organization Niche has released its list of school Districts with the Best Teachers in New York. The list ranks school districts on grades K through twelve, based on a combination of factors such as ratings by parents and other teachers, teacher salaries, tenure, absenteeism, student-to-teacher ratio, and combines that with the district’s Niche Academics Grade. So who’ll be giving the (virtual) valedictorian speech this year?
Scarsdale’s Union Free School District took home the top spot in Westchester County, ranking #3 overall in the state behind only Jericho and New Hyde Park on Long Island. Scarsdale once again aced its Niche Grade both overall and at every one of its seven individual schools. A student-teacher ratio of 12:1 (25 percent below the national average of 16:1), good diversity, and an average teacher salary of just over $137,000 also makes Scarsdale one of Niche’s Best Places to Teach in New York.
Rye City School District moved up the list to #5 in the state, winning the Hudson Valley’s silver medal, followed closely by Rye Neck Union Free School District at #7 overall. All told, the Hudson Valley had an additional seven districts in the top 25, and a staggering thirty in the top 100.
- Briarcliff Manor Union Free School District placed 12th.
- Pelham Union Free School District’s teachers were ranked 14th.
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District ranked 15th.
- Byram Hills Central School District placed 18th.
- Edgemont Union Free School District ranked 21st.
- Yorktown Central School District placed 23rd.
- Bronxville Union Free School District ranked 25.
- Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District ranked 26th.
- Chappaqua Central School District’s teachers snagged 30th.
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns placed 39th.
- Pleasantville Union Free School District came in 40th.
- Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free District’s school teachers earned a ranking of 42nd.
- Eastchester Union Free School District ranked 50th.
- North Colonie Central School District ranked 58th.
- Ardsley Union Free School District ranked 59th.
- New Paltz Central School District earned the 60th spot.
- Clarkstown Central School District ranked 61st.
- White Plains City School District earned a placement at 62nd.
- Rhinebeck Central School District came in 68th place.
- Harrison Central School District clocked in at 70th.
- Valhalla Union Free School District ranked 72nd.
- Suffern Central School District placed 73rd.
- Mount Pleasant Central School District is 76th.
- Carmel Central School District ranked 80th.
- Arlington Central School District is 81st.
- Tuxedo Union Free School District is 84th.
- Greenburgh-Graham Union Free School District in Hastings-on-Hudson placed 86th.
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District placed 89th.
- Monroe-Woodbury Central School Districts is 91st.
- Blind Brook-Rye Union Free School District rounded out the Hudson Valley’s showings in the top 100 at 94th.
To see how your school district ranks, check out the full list here.