Dutchess County native Akira Golz, 12, is the voice of the new Nickelodeon series Nella the Princess Knight.
We caught up with her, and here’s what we learned.
- Akira started modeling at age 5, and then began auditioning for Broadway, commercials, and TV.
- She’s done voice-over work for Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer and Peter Rabbit. “It was just as fun as what I’m doing now. I sang the promos for the shows with two other kids, and I really enjoyed it.”
- Akira considers Nella to be her “big break,” but she’s already a seasoned Broadway actress: On Jan. 1, she finished her run playing Alice in Matilda, the Musical.
- Golz was the recipient of the National Youth Arts award for Outstanding Featured Actress in 2014 for her work in Hairspray.
- She has placed twice in the Hal Leonard National Vocal Competition.
- In her spare time, Golz loves softball, body surfing and dodging through the city on her scooter.
- What’s next up for Akira: “I did record something for a video game, but that hasn’t come out yet. I hope to do some sort of sitcom on TV, but until then, I love doing what I’m doing.”