With a little jam and creativity, this recipe for lattice linzer tarts can easily become a favorite sweet treat during the holidays.
Makes about 10 sandwich cookies
- ½ Master Dough Recipe (18 oz.)
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons confectionary sugar
- Baking Accessories:
- 2½″ fluted round cookie cutter
- 1¾″ fluted round cookie cutter
- Fluted pastry wheel
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to an even ¼″ thickness. With larger cookie cutter, cut out circles using up all the dough. Then with the smaller cookie cutter, cut the centers out of half of the large rounds (these will be the cookie tops) saving the small center pieces that were removed.
- With fluted pastry crimper, cut the reserved small center pieces into narrow strips and create a lattice design in the center of each 2½″ ring top cookie. Make sure that the lattice strips attach to the inside edge of the top ring cookie.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 12–14 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dust the lattice tops with confectionary sugar. Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam on the cookie bottoms and place a lattice cookie on top.
Photo by Mark Kramer