With the post-holiday season finally here (bah, humbug), it’s time to focus on more serious matters; instead of hopes and fears, think hopes and beers. With a seriously impressive selection of local brews, maybe brushing up on your neighborhood brewery knowledge isn’t such a bad new year’s resolution after all. Here are six breweries and their special seasonal beers to add to your bucket list this winter:
We’re all pretty excited to share a new Dark Lager called Say No More. That beer should be available towards the end of February. We will continue to release new titles this winter, alongside fresh takes on some of our favorite beers from the last few years.
This Saturday, November 3rd at 12pm, we will be releasing 16oz cans of Multichorus and Subglitch! ðŸŒŸðŸ¤–ðŸŒŸ Multichorus (7%) Sour IPA with raw wheat, malted oat, milk sugar, white chocolate, vanilla & cardamom; hopped w/ Citra & Mosaic. $20 four-pack / 1 case per person. ðŸ¤–ðŸŽ›ðŸ¤– Subglitch (7%) Sour IPA with raw wheat, malted oat, milk sugar, wildflower honey & grapefruit purée; hopped w/ Azacca & Mosaic. $20 four-pack / 1 case per person. ðŸŽ›ðŸŒŸðŸŽ› More info coming soon! We will begin to hand out wristbands at 8am. If you plan to arrive before this, it will be your responsibility to keep your place in line. At 8am, an HVB employee will go down the line and give a wristband out to each guest. Once you receive a wristband, you’re free to explore our beautiful city! If you arrive after 8am, please come to the front door to receive your wristband. If you choose to leave, please make sure that you return to the line at 1130am, sharp! Depending on how many people come by, we might have to lower the allotment after the first hundred people. We’ll be using different colored wristbands to make these allotment groups clear. Also, please do not remove your wristband! We will not be able to honor wristbands which have been ripped or removed. Thank you! For up to date information on allotments on the day of the release, check out our IG stories.
Thank you! Our brewmasters, Mike Renganeschi and Jason Synan, conceptualize the name and narrative associated with the beers on deck. Our collective marketing team meets to expand on those ideas and pass off to our illustrator, Evan M. Cohen.
Graphic designer, Natalie Renganeschi, will take the approved illustration from Evan and create a final layout with all needed info to complete the label. It is truly a collaborative effort from start to finish.
During the Winter months, we enjoy offering a comfortable space to local friends and organizations for a variety of charitable (and flat-out fun) evenings in the taproom. Our recycling partners, Zero to Go, will be hosting a dance party here on February 15th with the goal of raising funds for a new vehicle to further their local cleanup efforts. Zero to Go sets up a table at all of our can release events and helps insure the proper sorting and collecting of materials for our guests.
We are super grateful for their efforts so we look forward to sharing some pints and lacing up our dancing shoes for the event.
ðŸš¨ Can Release!!! ðŸš¨ Officially in stock now! Grab cans of Ghent Bent and Dopplebach. Head to the brewery today or stop at your local craft beverage store. Limited supply! #ChathamBrewing #ImportedFromMainSt #ItsNotJustLocalItsPersonal #CraftBeer #CraftBeerLovers j#ThinkNYDrinkNY #DrinkLocal #CanRelease #GhentBent #DarkStyleBeer
For the winter months, we are bringing back out Doppelbock. This 8-percent deep ruby lager has a malty sweetness, with a subtle noble hop bitterness. It pairs well with soft cheese, chocolate, and a fire on a snowy night.
We don’t yet have big events planned, but have a standing trivia night on Thursdays, and live music most Friday and Saturday nights.
THIS YEARS’ SUPER KITTY IS HERE! Swing by the taproom Wednesday night and try Super Kitty 15′ and #superkitty16 back to back. Made with all local honey and aged on oak. We’ll also be selling $30 growlers of Super Kitty on WEDNESDAY NIGHT ONLY! so gets yours while you can! #thinknydrinkny #craftbeer #american #strongale #localhoney
In January, we will be releasing our annual brew of Super Kitty. Super Kitty is a 12-percent ABV imperial version of our popular Hurricane Kitty and is brewed with honey collected from our own beehives and aged in Widow Jane oak barrels. We will produce a very limited number of hand numbered and wax dipped 22oz bottles and will have the beer available only it the brewery.
Actually, we are excited that the last week in January we will be taking our brewery to Bermuda! Our running club (and whoever else wants to join us — we are expecting about 30 people)will be traveling to Bermuda to run in our distributor’s 5K Fun Run/Walk on January 27th.
Is there a winter beer you’re especially excited about?
We have three new beers coming out this January and February, including:
1) The Newburgh Conspiracy | 11.0 percent ABV | Russian Imperial Stout | Rich, dark, warming, notes of dark licorice | Named for a an actual historic event that occurred in Newburgh in 1783, in which unpaid officers from the Continental Army were considering revolting until Washington was able to ease their concerns at a meeting in Newburgh | Pairs well with cheese and grilled meats
2) Collusion | 7.5 percent | Milk Stout | notes of dark chocolate, hot cocoa, and brown sugar | Pairs well with chocolate desserts and braised dishes
3) WrenchBossâ€‹ | 7.0 percent | New England IPA | Collaboratively brewed with Industrials Arts Brewing from Rockland County | #12 in our Monthly “Boss Collaboration Series” | Pairs well with salads and spicy dishes
1. We have our weekly trivia every Wednesday night at 7:30pm
2. Charity Bartending every Sunday (where we help a local charity raise money by donating all cash tips from 1 – 4 p.m. to the organization; and most organizations also have raffles, 50/50’s, and other ways in which they raise money)
3. EMO Night on Friday February 8 (a DJ night of all Emo music, $10 cover, starts at 9pm)
4. Acme Murder Mystery Dinner Theater on Valentine’s Day (2/14)
5. Although we don’t have confirmed dates yet, we also host WRRV Sessions once a month; this is a partnership with WRRV where a national touring band comes to the brewery and plays a short acoustic set for free. First come, first serve to get in. In the past, we’ve had: Young the Giant, Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Silversun Pickups, Dirty Heads, Coheed and Cambria, New Politics, Blue October, The Struts, and more.
We are about to release my favorite beer we have ever done! It is called Zone 6 and it is made with quince and black currant. The quince fruit came from Glorie Farms in Marlboro and the currants are from CurrantC farm in Staatsburg. It has these wonderful tropical and citrus notes that go great with cheese and cured meats.
We don’t have any large events scheduled, our tasting room holds less than 40 people but we do plan on building a new barn in 2019! Hopefully this expansion will help us do larger events.