For a curated list of our favorite things to do this week, click here.
If you have an event you would like to submit to our community calendar, you can do that here.
June 19 @ 5:00 pm - October 23 @ 6:00 pm$100
$100 per person
THE SUNSET TOUR EXPERIENCE
Enjoy a late afternoon in-depth tour of the House, Studio and Woodland Garden. Then soak up the majestic sunset with a glass of wine and conversation with other design enthusiasts on Dragon Rock’s terraces, overlooking the Quarry Pool.
Public Sunset Tours are offered June 19 and July 24, 5-7pm and Oct. 23 4-6pm.
Time varies by season. Space is limited to 12 people per tour, advance reservations are required.
THE TOUR EXPERIENCE
Visitors follow the upper Quarry Path to Dragon Rock. Along the way, the tour features stunning views of the House and Studio, an ascending stone staircase, a field of mountain laurel, and the exquisite moss room. Visitors approach Dragon Rock by crossing the majestic waterfall via a wood plank bridge. Interior spaces are defined by expanses of glass, innovative materials use, and seamless connections to outside terraces. The Tour concludes by following a stepping stone path over the Quarry Pool dam to the Visitor/Guide House.
Public Entrance: Manitoga, 584 Route 9D, Garrison, NY 10524. Visitors meet at the Manitoga Visitor/Guide House next to the parking lot. Expect excessive amounts of traffic when traveling to Manitoga on weekends due to increased visitors in the area. Please take this into account and plan accordingly, allowing adequate travel time in order to arrive on time for your tour.
NEW THIS YEAR: The Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery at Manitoga, featuring over 200 objects from the Wrights’ ground-breaking designs for the American home, opens May 2021 with lead support from the Henry Luce Foundation. The Gallery will be included on all public tours through November 8 and highlighted on 2021 Collectors Tours.
On view in the Landscape: Tea House by designers Yoshihiro Sergel & Diana Mangaser.
On view in the House: Faceted Panel by lighting designer and artist Derek Porter.
IMPORTANT TOUR INFORMATION
Sunset Tours generally last 2 hours and are conducted rain or shine. Times vary with the season. Please come prepared for the moderate hike portion: wear sensible walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather, including bug spray and sun screen as needed. Visitors must be at least 5 years old and able to negotiate uneven ground, several bridge crossings with no handrails and a series of 40 stone steps. Please note that the landscape portion of the tour is a moderate hike.
– Tours by advance booking only.
– Face coverings are required for all visitors and staff while accessing interior spaces, including the Guide House / Gift Shop, House, Studio and the Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery for the safety and comfort of all.
– Please note that attendance during each tour is capped. You must arrive promptly at the beginning of your ticketed tour in order to attend your scheduled visit. You do not need to print your tickets, as your name will be on our check-in list.
– Please be sure to follow direction from all Manitoga staff while on the property.
– Practice social distancing while onsite.
– Children (including infants) must be at least 5 years old to attend.
– Manitoga does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs. Only ADA Title III service animals are permitted.
– Backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.
Please review Manitoga’s HEALTH & SAFETY section when booking your tour.