For a curated list of our favorite things to do this week, click here.
If you have an event you would like to submit to our community calendar, you can do that here.
EXPERIENCE MANITOGA: Design • Art • Nature Tour
May 14 @ 11:00 am - November 9 @ 3:30 pm$30
FRI, SAT, SUN and MON
May 14 through November 8
90 minutes; 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm
$30 General Admission
THE DESIGN, ART, NATURE EXPERIENCE
Visitors follow the upper Quarry path to enjoy stunning views of the Quarry Pool, House and Studio. An ascending stone stair leads to a mountain laurel grove and the exquisite moss rooms before visitors cross a majestic waterfall over a wood plank bridge. Once at Dragon Rock, the House and Studio interiors are defined by expanses of glass, innovative materials use, and seamless connections to outside terraces. Guests are invited to explore the new Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery, built to permanently display the Wrights’ ground-breaking designs for the American home at Manitoga. The experience concludes by following a stepping stone path over the Quarry Pool dam back to the Visitor/Guide House.
NEW THIS YEAR: The Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery at Manitoga, featuring over 200 objects from the Wrights’ ground-breaking designs for the American home, opens May 2021 with lead support from the Henry Luce Foundation. The Gallery will be included on all public tours through November 8 and highlighted on 2021 Collectors Tours.
On view in the Landscape: Tea House by designers Yoshihiro Sergel & Diana Mangaser.
On view in the House: Faceted Panel by lighting designer and artist Derek Porter.
– Visitors arrive at the Public Entrance for timed tours: Manitoga, 584 Route 9D, Garrison, NY 10524.
– Tickets by advance booking only.
– Please arrive promptly at the beginning of your ticketed tour. Expect excessive amounts of traffic when traveling to Manitoga on weekends due to increased visitors in the area. Please take this into account and plan accordingly, allowing adequate travel time in order to arrive on time for your tour.
– Please note that attendance is capped at 12 visitors per tour. You must arrive on time in order to attend your scheduled tour.
– Face coverings are required for all visitors and staff while accessing interior spaces, including the Guide House / Gift Shop, House, Studio and the Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery for the safety and comfort of all.
– You will be checked in by a Site Educator.
– Please be sure to follow direction from all Manitoga staff while on the property.
– Practice social distancing while onsite.
– Children (including infants) must be at least 5 years old to attend.
– Manitoga does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs. Only ADA Title III service animals are permitted.
– Backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.
– Tickets are valid for the reserved time and date only – non-refundable, non-transferable.
– Tours are conducted rain or shine – please check the weather when purchasing tickets.
ACCESS to the Inner Quarry area with House and Studio is by ADVANCE RESERVATION ONLY.
Standard Tours last approximately 90 minutes (Extended Tours last 2 hours) and are held rain or shine. Tours are only cancelled for weather-related reasons in the event of high winds and/or lightning. Please wear sensible outdoor walking shoes for uneven ground and dress for weather.
Visitors (including infants) must be at least 5 years old and all must be able to negotiate uneven ground, several bridge crossings with no handrails and a series of 40 stone steps. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A MODERATE HIKE.
For general inquiries, email email@example.com or call our office at 845-424-3812.
PLEASE NOTE: Pets, backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.