For a curated list of our favorite things to do this week, click here.
If you have an event you would like to submit to our community calendar, you can do that here.
May 29 @ 3:00 pm - November 6 @ 5:00 pm$50
May 14 through November 8, 2021
$50 per person
THE COLLECTORS TOUR EXPERIENCE
Enjoy a late afternoon tour of the House, Studio and Woodland Garden with a special focus on Russel Wright’s iconic designs for the American table and the relationship with the architecture and landscape of Manitoga. Visit includes special viewing of objects from Manitoga’s Design Collection in the new Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery at Manitoga.
Public Collectors Tours are offered May 29, July 17, Aug. 21, Sept. 18, Oct. 9 and Nov. 6 from 3-4:30pm. Space is limited to 12 people per tour, advance reservations required.
NEW THIS YEAR: The Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery at Manitoga, featuring over 200 objects from the Wrights’ ground-breaking designs for the American home at Manitoga, opens May 2021 with lead support from the Henry Luce Foundation. The Gallery will be included on all public tours through November 8 and highlighted on 2021 Collectors Tours.
On view in the Landscape: Tea House by designers Yoshihiro Sergel & Diana Mangaser.
On view in the House: Faceted Panel by lighting designer and artist Derek Porter.
Public Entrance: Manitoga, 584 Route 9D, Garrison, NY 10524. Visitors meet at the Manitoga Visitor/Guide House next to the parking lot.
THE TOUR EXPERIENCE
Visitors follow the upper Quarry Path to Dragon Rock. Along the way, the tour features stunning views of the House and Studio, an ascending stone staircase, a field of mountain laurel, and the exquisite moss room. Visitors approach Dragon Rock by crossing the majestic waterfall via a wood plank bridge. Interior spaces are defined by expanses of glass, innovative materials use, and seamless connections to outside terraces. The Tour concludes by following a stepping stone path over the Quarry Pool dam to the Visitor/Guide House.
IMPORTANT TOUR INFORMATION
Collectors Tours generally last approximately 90 minutes and are conducted rain or shine. Please come prepared for the moderate hike portion: wear sensible walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather, including bug spray and sun screen as needed. Visitors must be at least 5 years old and able to negotiate uneven ground, several bridge crossings with no handrails and a series of 40 stone steps. Please note that the landscape portion of the tour is a moderate hike.
– Tours by advance booking only.
– Face coverings are required for all visitors and staff while accessing interior spaces, including the Guide House / Gift Shop, House, Studio and the Russel & Mary Wright Design Gallery for the comfort and safety of all.
– Please be sure to follow direction from all Manitoga staff while on the property.
– Practice social distancing while onsite.
– Children (including infants) must be at least 5 years old to attend.
– Manitoga does not allow pets, emotional support animals, comfort animals, or therapy dogs. Only ADA Title III service animals are permitted.
– Backpacks, large bags, tripods, extension poles and selfie-sticks are not permitted.